Sample Barber Job Description
A job description for a barber should list any requirements, skills, qualifications and experience that are necessary to perform the duties of a barber. A job description for a barber should also detail the physical demands of the position.
We are a family owned and operated salon with over 50 years of experience. Our mission is to provide the best service in the industry. At Barber Shops, we offer a wide variety of services including: haircutting, waxing, color correction, hair removal, styling, cutting and trimming. We believe that every person deserves great care.
The barber is responsible for providing a high quality of service to our clients. This includes: cutting, trimming and styling hair in accordance with the client's needs; maintaining an attractive appearance by using hand-held equipment such as barbers knives, scissors, etc. Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations while performing work that requires frequent lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds or more. Perform other duties as assigned. Balm waxing services including but not limited to shampooing, conditioning and waxing.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide a professional and friendly service to customers.
- Maintain the appearance of our salon by providing excellent customer service, including: cleaning bathrooms and workstation and making sure all products are in good working order.
- Assist clients with haircutting services as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have the ability and willingness for self-improvement, as well being flexible in scheduling with changing needs of clients
- Ability/willingness to work weekends or holidays when needed
- Able to perform basic hand tools such as brushing, waxing, cutting and trimming
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional appearance is essential
- You will need your own transportation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off (PTO)