Sample Behavioral Specialist Job Description
Behavioral specialist job descriptions are used to attract candidates who are interested in working with children and families. This sample behavioral specialist job description template can be used to help you write a job description that will attract the right candidates for your open position.
We are a leading provider of behavioral services to the healthcare industry. Our clients include hospitals, health care providers and other organizations that offer high-quality mental health services in their communities. The company is committed to providing exceptional customer service through our innovative approach which includes: helping people live better lives by creating an environment where they can feel comfortable doing what they love; supporting families with financial needs; and building relationships with others who share similar values.
The behavioral specialist is responsible for providing behavioral services to clients in the community. This includes: counseling, education and support of individuals with substance use disorders; treatment planning/interventions; case management; supervision of staff members on behavior issues related or not directly related to their job duties. In addition, this position will provide training and assistance to other employees as needed.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provides a comprehensive and effective program of behavioral health services to individuals with substance use disorders.
- Provides counseling, education and support for clients in their own home or community setting through a developmentally appropriate treatment plan that addresses individual needs as well provides information on how best to manage behavior issues within an organization.
- Analyzes client's behaviors using evidence-based practices including: screening, assessment, intervention, referral, case management, crisis intervention, prevention and other measures.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with adolescents and/or adults utilizing behavioral health services preferred but not required
- Master’s degree is preferred but not required
- Must have current CPR certification for the state where work is performed
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all information provided by clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts with company match
- Short-term disability insurance for employees
- Company paid life insurance.