Sample Behavioral Therapist Job Description
Behavioral therapists are responsible for creating programs that address the emotional, physical, mental and social well-being of patients. The following behavioral therapist job description template is designed for use by employers who are looking to hire a qualified professional for a job opening. Use this template to draft a detailed job description that describes primary job duties and essential job functions for your open position.
We are a national leader in behavioral health and addiction treatment. Our mission is to provide the best care for our clients, their families and communities through quality services that help them achieve optimal outcomes. As a leading provider of mental health counseling and substance abuse treatment, we have been recognized as one of America's top providers of high-quality behavioral therapy by The Washington Post as one of the Top 100 Mental Health Companies in America.
The behavioral therapist is responsible for providing treatment to individuals with behavioral disorders and/or disabilities. This includes: assessment, evaluations, therapy interventions, intervention planning, case management, counseling services, education, supervision of staff, referrals from other agencies, training in behavior modification techniques, implementation of therapeutic interventions, developmentally appropriate interventions, etc.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provides a variety of behavioral therapy services to clients in the community.
- Provides treatment and support for individuals with developmental disabilities, including but not limited to: cognitive-behavioral disorders (including autism), substance use disorders, psychosocial problems and other mental health conditions.
- Provides counseling/support as needed or requested by the client.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral therapy from an accredited program
- Current license to practice as a licensed therapist by the state of California and current certification with American Psychological Association required, or ability for licensure within one year after hire
- Experience working with adolescents/youth who are experiencing behavioral problems may be considered helpful
- Experience providing treatment services through psychotherapy programs such as Associative Behavior Intervention Programs will also be considered
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short-term disability insurance for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance
- Planning assistance program
- Referral bonus