Sample Builder Job Description
A builder job description provides potential applicants with the primary skills, activities, responsibilities and qualifications required for a listed position. It should provide them with a description of the type of work that will be performed, salary range expectations, available employee benefits and information on the mission and culture of the company. An effective builder job description will provide interested applicants with enough information to decide if they are interested and qualified for the listing. Customize this builder job description template to meet the specific needs of your company’s listing.
We are a family owned and operated construction company with over 50 years of experience. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality work, service and products in our industry. This includes construction management, installation, residential construction and commercial construction.
A builder constructs different types of buildings using various materials such as wood, steel, concrete, brick, stone, etc. Installs new builds on-site for residential or commercial use. Must be familiar with construction equipment and able to operate it proficiently, following instructions and working well on a team.
Detailed job duties include:
- Perform all construction duties in accordance with company standards.
- Ensures that a building is properly maintained and up to date, including but not limited to: installing new windows; cleaning walls/walls; replacing light fixtures; maintaining electrical systems for heating, cooling, ventilation, etc.
- Assures proper installation of roof coverings (either steel or concrete).
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 2+ years experience in building construction and/or remodeling projects preferred, but not required for this position as it is an entry level job with the ability to work independently or on your own initiative
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications; understand plans written by other contractors (eg: architects)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to follow directions
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Life insurance with a company match for full time employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)