Sample Business Development Officer Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Business Development Officer job summary
Our global financial services organization is searching for a tenacious Business Development Officer to join our outside sales team. Successful candidates will have experience in both inside and outside sales and will have no problem taking charge and commanding a room. Our business development team is responsible for selling financial services products to commercial clients, high-net worth individuals, and professional organizational. 90% of your work will be done out of the office, so we need someone who is reliable and independent. Due to the competitive nature of our industry, we are looking for someone who is comfortable exceeding their KPIs and metrics from day 1. A bachelor’s degree plus experience in the financial services industry is required.
Business Development Officer responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Business Development Officer responsibilities
- Sourcing and soliciting new business using referrals, personal contacts, and professional networking
- Interviewing potential clients to determine financial standing, investing abilities, and financial goals
- Gathering and analyzing client’s creditworthiness, including the merit of current loans
- Advising clients on business and financial management issues using industry and company best practices
- Assembling loan packages and assisting clients with the loan closing process
- Cross-selling business and financial opportunities to existing and prospective clients
Business Development Officer requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Business Development Officer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field is required
- Comprehensive understanding of financial services, accounting, business, and tax issues
- Tenacious, independent, and competitive work style
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team