Sample Business Development Representative Job Description
A business development representative job description provides potential applicants with the primary skills, activities, responsibilities and qualifications required for a listed position. It should provide them with a description of the type of work that will be performed, salary range expectations, available employee benefits and information on the mission and culture of the company. An effective business development representative job description will provide interested applicants with enough information for them to decide if they are interested and qualified for the listing. Customize this business development representative job description template to meet the specific needs of your company’s listing.
We are a growing, dynamic and innovative company that is looking for an experienced business development representative to join our team. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about building relationships with clients in the industry as well as working directly with them on their business development needs. This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Applicants must have strong interpersonal skills while also being detail-oriented and possessing great organizational skills. The successful candidate should demonstrate exceptional customer service skills through effective interaction with all levels of management, including sales representatives.
The business development representative is responsible for assisting in the development of new business opportunities and developing relationships with existing clients. The person in this position will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining effective marketing strategies that are consistent with company goals and objectives. In addition, the individual in this role may assist other sales representatives as needed by providing support on all aspects of client relationship management including: prospecting, negotiation, communication, etc.
Detailed job duties include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing clients, prospects, vendors and other business partners.
- Identify opportunities for new business through the development of sales funnels to generate leads.
- Work closely with current client contacts in order to develop strong working relationships that will lead to increased revenue growth.
- Provide ongoing support by providing information on all aspects related to marketing efforts including: prospecting, market research, product launches, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a business development representative with an emphasis on sales and marketing
- Experience working directly with clients to develop relationships
- Ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be detail oriented.
- Able to work independently while maintaining confidentiality
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company match for qualified employees
- Flexible spending accounts
- Monthly pay percentage of sales tax