Sample Business Development Specialist Job Description
A business development position is a highly visible role in a company that requires an individual to use their business-oriented skills to help generate revenue. The following business development specialist job description template is thorough, but should also be fairly easy to read and understand. A well-written and detailed job description can help attract the right talent to your company and ensure that your job listing is not only found by qualified candidates, but also by candidates that have a good chance at succeeding in the role.
We are a growing, dynamic and innovative business development company that is looking for an experienced business development specialist to join our team. The person in this position will be responsible for developing new business through the use of various marketing tools such as email and social media. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills with both internal and external clients in order to build relationships for the organization. They should also possess excellent interpersonal skills, which include working well with all levels of management including sales staff, finance professionals, consultants and other key stakeholders at each level.
The business development specialist is responsible for assisting in the development of new business opportunities and building relationships with existing clients. The individual in this position will be required to develop, implement and execute marketing strategies that are aligned with client goals. In addition, the person in this role may also assist other departments as needed by providing support on various projects such as: assisting in the preparation of presentations/presentations at meetings or conferences; and maintaining contact information (phone numbers) through email correspondence, and phone calls.
Detailed job duties include:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan to develop new business opportunities for the company.
- Work with clients, sales representatives, marketing teams and other stakeholders in developing strategies that will drive the growth of their organization.
- Assess potential customers by providing information on how they can benefit from this opportunity.
- Provide support through direct mail, email or phone calls.
- Research and analyze existing client relationships; identify gaps or issues as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key contacts within the industry including: sales manager, marketing director, business development specialist (BDS), account executive officer.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with diverse clientele
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options available to all employees including 401(k) plans with company match for full time employees
- Paid vacations as well as paid holidays
- Flexible schedule that includes flexible work hours
- Employee discounts on products and services offered by the company