Sample Cable Installer Job Description
A cable installer job description should provide a description of the primary skills, activities, responsibilities and qualifications required for a listed position. It should provide job seekers with enough information for them to decide if they are interested and qualified for the listing. Customize this cable installer job description template to meet the specific needs of your company’s listing.
We are a family owned and operated company with over 50 years of experience in the cable industry. Our team is dedicated to providing our customers with exceptional service and quality products. As a cable installer, you will be responsible for installing cables in existing homes or businesses as well as wiring new construction projects. Proficiency is required in all aspects of a task including installations, maintenance and repairs.
Installs cable, telecommunications equipment and other related products. Perform installation of new or replacement cables as needed to meet customer needs for the job site. Assist with installing all types of cable in various locations throughout the United States. Ability to work independently is required; ability to perform basic math skills is preferred but not required. Must be willing/able to learn how to operate different types of electrical systems including wiring harness, fiber optic, etc.
Detailed job duties include:
- Install and maintain cable, telecommunications and other equipment in the field.
- Assure that all work is completed on time and within budget with minimal disruption.
- Maintain accurate records regarding job duties including but not limited only to: electrical wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, etc.
- Ensure proper safety practices are followed when performing installations.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Must have reliable transportation (no more than 2 moving violations)
- Strong communication skills
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations and holiday pay
- Life insurance with a company match for full time employees
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)