Sample Cable Technician Job Description
A well-written job description can help a company hire the right candidate for a position. The following cable technician job description provides applicants with detailed information about the specific skills, activities, responsibilities and qualifications required for the position. Use this job description template to assist with creating a job listing that will attract qualified candidates for your open position.
We are a family owned and operated company with over 50 years of experience in the cable industry. Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service, quality products and services that exceed our customers’ expectations. As an industry leader, we have been recognized as one of the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine's Best Companies to Work For list. If you want to be part of this exciting opportunity, please apply online today!
The cable technician is responsible for installing, troubleshooting and maintaining cable equipment. This position requires a high level of attention to detail in order to ensure that the highest quality service possible will be provided to our customers. In addition, this person must have excellent communication skills with all levels within the organization.
Detailed job duties include:
- Perform all types of cable installation and repair work
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot cables in the field or on-site at customer sites to ensure proper operation
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness for continuous learning
- Must have reliable transportation (no more than 2 moving violations)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations and holiday pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts with Company Matches.
- Short-Term Disability Benefit Plan for full time employees.
- Flexible Spending Account(FSA),
- Retirement Saving Plans.
- 401k plan available to all new hires.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Planning Assistance Program.