Sample CAD Drafter Job Description
A well-formatted CAD drafter job description acts as the first impression for a job applicant. It gives the applicant an idea about the job and company and helps the employer attract the right talent for the job. The following CAD dDrafter job description sample can be modified to fit the specifications of the job you are filling.
We are a global engineering firm that provides innovative solutions to the world's most complex issues. Our team of engineers, designers, architects and engineers have been working together for over 30 years in our industry-leading design studio. The company is committed to providing an environment where people can be themselves and do their best work. As CAD drafters, we provide high quality technical support with excellent customer service skills as well as great communication skills. This position requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and industry standard design software.
The CAD drafter will be responsible for the design and development of drawings, plans, schematics and other documents. This includes: drawing layouts, construction drawings, engineering drawings, architectural drawings, building plans and related documentation. They are also responsible to assist in developing detailed designs that meet client needs. These include designing buildings using AutoCAD software (Word, Excel) as well as creating 3D models with various dimensions and resolutions.
Detailed job duties include:
- Drafting of drawings using CAD software.
- Working with the AutoCAD team to develop and maintain accurate, high quality work in accordance with company standards.
- Assisting design teams by creating detailed sketches for projects that are not only visually appealing but also functionally attractive.
- Designing construction documents as needed, including drawing layouts, specifications and other documentation related to project scope or task.
- Coordinate all aspects of engineering tasks on time while maintaining accuracy and timeliness.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an AutoCAD Drafter with 2+ years working on large scale projects and/or project management systems, including SketchUp, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of the following software: Adobe Creative Suite; Revit Pro 3.0; Solidworks Professional 4.5.0 preferred but not required for this position
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid time off (PTO), paid holidays and vacation