Sample Car Salesperson Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Car Salesperson job summary
An upbeat and motivated salesperson is needed for a growing car retailer. We're seeking a sales associate with superb communication skills and the ability to make each client feel truly valued. You’ll be part of a close knit team who is constantly working together to improve our skills and ensure our mutual success. If you're a self-starter who is quick to learn, and are looking to build a career in sales this is the opportunity for you. Previous sales experience is an asset, but We're willing to train the right candidate.
Car Salesperson responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Car Salesperson responsibilities
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the specifications and features of each vehicle
- Evaluate customer needs and help them choose the right vehicle for their lifestyle
- Accompany clients on test drives to help familiarize them with vehicle features
- Set and achieve monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Follow up with customers and leads regularly to ensure their needs are being met
- Ability to build relationships with clients and keep them coming back again and again
Car Salesperson requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Car Salesperson requirements
- Friendly and outgoing personality and excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to anticipate customer needs and concerns
- Superior work ethic
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Previous sales experience preferred but not mandatory
- Clean and professional appearance