Sample Care Worker Job Description
Writing a good job description is essential to attracting the right candidate for your open position. The following care worker job description sample can be used and modified to fit your hiring needs. This sample should help you get started on writing a good job description and hire the right candidate for the job.
We are a local company that has been in business for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable care services to our residents while providing the highest level of customer service. The care worker will be responsible for maintaining an orderly environment with minimal supervision by performing tasks such as cleaning rooms and bathrooms. This position requires frequent walking around on foot, pushing wheelchairs and lifting up to 50 pounds frequently during shifts (up to 10 hours per day).
Provides care to children and adults in a safe, nurturing environment. Assure that residents are being treated with dignity and respect by providing them with appropriate support during their day-to-day activities as well as other duties assigned by managers of staff members at home. Maintains positive relationships with parents/guardians while maintaining good working relationships with all family members.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for children, adults and their families.
- Provide daily supervision of residents in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure that all activities are completed safely and efficiently at all times.
- Maintain positive relationships with parents/guardians as well on an ongoing basis through communication, education and other forms of support.
- Adhere to be responsible for maintaining appropriate records regarding each child under care.
- Report any concerns or complaints directly to supervisory staff immediately.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as cleaning up equipment and clean-up after meals (eg: vacuuming).
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record with no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Ability to work independently as well on your own when needed
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Strong organizational skills required
- Able for standing/walking all day (up to 10 hours per shift)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Health savings account with company match for employees who are eligible to participate