Sample Carpenter Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Carpenter job summary
Our family-owned home-building business is seeking an experienced carpenter to join our team. We’ve been operating locally for over 100 years and are seeking to find someone to assist us in maintaining our sterling reputation for quality construction as we strive to grow our business. We are a small team, so we are looking for candidates with a wide range of construction experience. You should be comfortable with everything from framing to finishing. Additionally, you should bring a service-oriented mentality and a desire to help our clients bring their visions to life.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Carpenter responsibilities
- Identify the correct materials for each job and make recommendations when needed, to ensure a quality outcome
- Arrange for the order, pickup, and delivery of all necessary materials and equipment
- Take measurements and cut materials to accurate sizes and shapes
- Keep team members and clients updated on job progress and communicate any necessary changes to the original plans
- Operate an assortment of manual and power tools to aid in building structures or making repairs
- Complete all tasks efficiently and safely in order to keep the project on schedule
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Carpenter requirements
- Ability to interpret building plans or blueprints
- Knowledge of industry standards and building codes
- Familiarity with a range of manual and power tools
- 5 to 10 years carpentry experience
- Careful attention to detail
- Excellent communication and time management skills