Sample Carpenter Apprentice Job Description
Use this carpentry apprentice job description as a template to help you draft a clear and concise job posting that will attract the right candidates for your open position. It will highlight the skills, tasks and responsibilities that will be required for the job. It should also provide information on the company culture, benefits and salary range.
We are a family owned and operated company with over 50 years of experience in the construction industry. Our employees enjoy competitive pay, excellent benefits, great work environment, flexible schedules and an amazing culture that encourages teamwork. If you have any questions about our organization or your current job requirements please contact us.
The carpenter apprentice is responsible for the installation and maintenance of high quality woodwork. This position requires an individual to be proficient in all aspects related to building materials including construction drawings, blueprints, specifications, etc. Must also have experience working on various types or sizes of steel structures such as metal frames, ceilings, walls, doors, windows and roofs. Candidates should possess good communication skills (written and verbal) and have an ability to perform basic math calculations.
Detailed job duties include:
- Building and installing woodwork.
- Making work orders for the job site, including but not limited to building structures and making plans of construction projects in accordance with company standards.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn new skills, as well as have experience with hand tools
- Ability to work on ladders or scaffolding for long periods
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Employee assistance program (EAP)