Sample Carpenter Helper Job Description
Employers must be able to present job candidates with a detailed description of the position they are seeking to fill. In addition to the job title, employers must provide a detailed description of the position they are seeking to fill. This description must be detailed enough to give the candidate an understanding of the position, its requirements and its responsibilities. A good job description will allow candidates to determine if they are qualified for the job and if they would like to apply. The following carpenter helper job description sample is a great place for employers to start when writing their job description.
We are a family owned and operated company with over 50 years of experience. Our mission is to provide the highest quality service in our industry. At carpenter helpers, we believe that every employee has the opportunity to make measurable contributions to the success of their organization. As a carpenter helper, you will be responsible for helping us build on our reputation as one of the best companies to work for. This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
The carpenter helper is responsible for the installation and maintenance of woodwork, including drywall, woodwork, electrical and plumbing. This position requires working in an outdoor environment with exposure to extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, wind or other adverse weather conditions; work outdoors on various surfaces such as concrete, asphalt, rock and/or stone; use of hand tools (hand saws) when necessary; perform basic mechanical labor using manual power tools; operate ladders and lift trucks.
Detailed job duties include:
- Perform all work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assure that the job is completed on time, within budget and with minimal supervision.
- Follow safety rules when performing tasks to ensure quality workmanship at all times.
- Work safely while working outdoors for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours per day).
- Maintain good customer relations through communication between customers, supervisor/manager, etc.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding employee behavior; including providing excellent service to customers.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have the ability to work in all weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and snow
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- At least one year of experience working with woodworkers on construction sites
- This position requires knowledge of tools
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Travel assistance program