Sample Case Manager Summary Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Case Manager Summary job summary
A local nonprofit seeks an experienced case manager to provide support for adults with developmental disabilities. Our training programs work to help adults with developmental disabilities learn to live as independently as possible. We're looking for a proactive individual who is highly organized and prepared to handle multiple cases at once. Because this role involves communicating with a variety of different service providers, clients, family members, and more, exceptional communication skills are essential. Ideally you have prior experience as a case manager, but a service oriented mindset is the most important quality we are looking for in a candidate.
Case Manager Summary responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Case Manager Summary responsibilities
- Create training programs designed to help adults with developmental disabilities
- Develop a monthly action plan for each client, customized to help them achieve their goals
- Monitor the implementation of training programs to ensure that clients are receiving sufficient support
- Act as a liaison between the client, the organization, and other care providers
- Meet weekly with client to assess their progress and provide additional support where needed
- Carefully document client’s progress toward goals and create monthly progress reports
Case Manager Summary requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Case Manager Summary requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and patience for sharing the same information repeatedly with different individuals
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- 2+ years of case management experience
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to multitask