Sample Caterer Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Caterer job summary
Established catering company is seeking experienced caterers to join a growing team. We cater events ranging from weddings, birthdays, office parties, and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who has prior serving experience and is excited about working as part of a team. You will be responsible for helping arrange the event spaces as well as attending to the needs of each and every guest. Ideally you have prior catering experience, but ultimately you must have attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Caterer responsibilities
- Assist in setting up and breaking down event spaces
- Serve food and drinks and remove used dishes as needed
- Keep catering dishes fully stocked with food, dishes, and utensils to ensure food can be delivered promptly
- Help with the preparation of cold food items
- Check in with guests to ensure they have everything they need
- Demonstrate knowledge of all menu items to ensure the dietary needs of guests are being met
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Caterer requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Food handler permit
- Knowledge of food safety standards
- Previous experience in food service setting is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Positive, proactive attitude and a team player