Sample Center Manager Job Description
An effective center manager job description should provide potential applicants with enough information about the position to decide if they are interested and qualified. This center manager job description template contains a list of essential requirements and duties. Use this job description to create a description of your own that attracts the right candidates.
We are a growing and dynamic company that is looking for an experienced center manager to join our team. Our center manager will be responsible for the management of all aspects of customer service in their assigned area. The center manager must have experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with excellent communication skills as well as strong organizational skills. This position requires exceptional interpersonal skills as well, which include working effectively with customers, staff members, vendors and more.
The center manager is responsible for the overall management of the center and its operations. The person in position will be responsible to ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards and guidelines. In addition, the professional in this role may also provide leadership in other areas, such as assisting the director. They will be responsible for managing staff at each facility, including but not limited to: operations, facilities management, facility maintenance (FM) services, customer service and quality improvement programs.
Detailed job duties include:
- Manages the operations of the center and its facilities.
- Provides leadership to staff, volunteers, vendors and other departments in order for them all to be successful at their jobs.
- Managing departmental budgets, schedules, personnel, equipment and supplies, as well as providing direction on how best to manage resources within the facility.
- Responsible for maintaining an efficient work environment with minimal supervision from the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years management experience with a minimum 2 years supervisory and/or leadership role within an organization
- Experience managing multiple centers at one time
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills to manage all aspects of operations; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across departments while maintaining high levels of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company match
- Life insurance
- Retirement savings account