Sample Certified Medical Assistant Job Description
A certified medical assistant job description provides potential applicants with the primary skills, activities, responsibilities and qualifications required for a listed position. It should provide them with a description of the type of work that will be performed, salary range expectations, available employee benefits and information on the mission and culture of the company. An effective certified medical assistant job description will provide interested applicants with enough information for them to decide if they are interested and qualified for the listing. Customize this certified medical assistant job description template for your company’s listing.
We are a growing medical assistant company that has been in business for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide quality care and exceptional customer service through our team of highly trained professionals who have the ability to work independently as well with minimal supervision. We offer full time and part time positions. Medical assistants will be required, on occasion, to travel up to 50% of the time during their employment period.
The certified medical assistant is responsible for providing medical care to patients in a safe and efficient manner. CMAs are expected to work well in supporting a physician, their supervisor or other health care provider.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provides patient care in accordance with the standards of practice and procedures.
- Provides direct medical assistance to patients, families or caregivers by assisting them in their daily activities including but not limited to: performing physical examinations; administering medications; or other treatment plans for patients who have been admitted into hospital facilities (eg, emergency room, etc).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited medical assistant program
- Must have current certification as clerical assistant by the American Medical Association (AMA) or equivalent in order to obtain and maintain licensure for practice within the state where they are employed
- Current CPR/AED Certification required; must meet all requirements set forth under applicable law
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company match for qualified employees
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability insurance