Sample Certified Nursing Assistant Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Certified Nursing Assistant job summary
A long-term care unit has an immediate opening for a certified nursing assistant to provide support to the nursing team. The successful applicant with administer care in the form of feeding, bathing, and positioning patients. You will be responsible for taking patient vital signs and noting any important information on their charts. Our ideal candidate has a positive attitude and works well under pressure. Prior experience working as part of a team, ideally within a hospital setting is preferred but not required. Graduation for a nursing assistant program is required.
Certified Nursing Assistant responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Certified Nursing Assistant responsibilities
- Assist nursing staff in assessment of each patient’s condition, behavior, and care needs
- Record patient vital signs and note any significant changes in behavior or physical condition
- Assist patients with therapy exercises
- Escort patients to activities and appointments when required to ensure they have assistance when needed
- Assist patients with personal hygiene by brushing teeth, bathing and toileting
- Conduct rounds throughout each shift to ensure patients are receiving adequate care, and assisting with anything they may need
Certified Nursing Assistant requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Certified Nursing Assistant requirements
- Graduate of a Nursing Assistant program
- CPR Certification
- Great communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm and organized while working in a stressful, dynamic environment
- Previous experience as a nursing assistant strongly preferred
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 pounds in order to assist with moving patients