Sample Certified Public Accountant Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Certified Public Accountant job summary
Established accounting firm seeks a detail oriented certified public accountant to join our growing team. This customer-facing role involves working with clients to prepare tax returns, financial documents, fulfill audit requests and more. Providing a high level client experience is top priority for our firm so we are looking for a candidate with exceptional communication skills and the ability to anticipate a client’s needs. Ideally you have a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting and previous experience working in an accounting role. A CPA certification is required.
Certified Public Accountant responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Certified Public Accountant responsibilities
- Prepare individual and business tax returns of varying complexities
- Create financial statements and reports monthly, quarterly and annually
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in financial data
- Consult with clients as needed to answer their questions and respond to concerns
- Research tax and accounting issues and find solutions to problems that arise
- Assist with audit requests
Certified Public Accountant requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Certified Public Accountant requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a CPA certification
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting roles
- High attention to detail and ability to spot mistakes or inconsistencies in financial documents
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and accounting software
- Ability to remain organized and efficient when working under deadlines
- Superior communication skills and ability to provide excellent customer service