Sample Chemist Job Description
To attract the most qualified candidates for your open position, you need to write a detailed job description. You can use this scientist job description sample to help you format your job listing and customize it to meet your specific requirements.
We are a leading global chemical company with over 2,000 employees in more than 100 countries. Our mission is to provide the highest quality products and services for our customers, while providing an unparalleled level of service that exceeds expectations. As a leader in the industry, we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by Fortune Magazine, among others.
The chemist is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of new products in a variety laboratory environments. The person in this position will be responsible to develop and maintain analytical methods used in various projects, including: chemical analysis, biochemistry, chemistry or other scientific disciplines; design and implement experiments using standard techniques such assay-based testing systems; perform routine analyses with minimal supervision from senior management; conduct research studies related directly to product development activities.
Detailed job duties include:
- Performs a variety of analytical and technical work in the areas of chemical analysis, biochemistry or other related fields.
- Analyzes data to determine potential biological effects on various types of compounds using standard methods such as chromatography, spectroscopy, immunohistochemistry and molecular biology.
- Performs experiments with different materials (eg, polymers) for new products that may be used by others within the industry.
- Provides guidance regarding product development activities including formulation design, testing, manufacturing and quality control procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a chemist with an emphasis on analytical and/or biochemical research; PhD preferred but not required
- Must be highly motivated to learn new skills within the lab environment
- Experience working at a manufacturing facility is desirable
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life insurance with a company match for full time employees
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Retirement savings plan