Sample Child Care Director Job Description
When writing a child care director job description, it is important to include all the skills and responsibilities required for the position. This child care director job description template can be used to create job listings that communicate your requirements and attract qualified applicants. Use this sample as a resource for writing and customizing your own job description.
We are a family-owned and operated childcare center with over 50 years of experience. Our mission is to provide the best care for our children, families and communities with an environment that supports their growth and development. As a child care director at CCC, you will enhance our quality child care services through education, training and staff management. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills as well as excellent communication skills and an ability to work independently or collaboratively within a team setting.
The child care director is responsible for the care and supervision of children in a safe, nurturing environment. This includes providing direct child care services to parents as well as other staff members within the organization. In addition, the person in this position will be responsible for developing an effective relationship with each child through positive interactions that support their growth. Will also be responsible for assisting families by creating individualized programs designed to meet their individual needs while maintaining appropriate levels of interaction between them at all times.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment for children in the care of their parents.
- Adhere to all state and federal laws regarding child development as well as local regulations related to the Child Development Act.
- Provides guidance on how best to provide quality childcare services at each school day.
- Ensure that every child is provided an appropriate level of attention while maintaining a positive attitude towards others.
- Oversee teachers in maintaining well-ordered classrooms by enforcing established procedures for working with children; including but not limited to cleaning rooms, changing diapers, etc.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with children in a preschool setting, child care center environment and/or childcare facility preferred but not required: must be at least 18 years old to work as supervisor by the director for child care programs
- Must have an active CCC license from the state
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills including ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Flexible spending accounts with company match
- Short-term disability benefit plan
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company paid life insurance