Sample Child Care Worker Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Child Care Worker job summary
We are excited to announce a job opening for a child care worker at our premises. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with children and possesses a basic understanding of child development to help in the engagement of children in age appropriate activities. Being responsible is a must as we strive to set good examples for the children who are our future. It is mandatory that all child care workers maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing environment for the children at all times.
Child Care Worker responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Child Care Worker responsibilities
- Building strong relationships with children through engagement
- Providing a safe and healthy environment for the children
- Setting up the play area before the children arrive
- Clearing and cleaning materials and supplies
- Working in accordance with the Education and Care Services National regulations
- Taking care of each child attentively and comfortingly
Child Care Worker requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Child Care Worker requirements
- High school diploma
- Must hold a valid child care license
- At least 1 year of experience in child care programs or services
- Passionate to provide quality early childhood learning
- Must be enthusiastic, motivated, professional and reliable
- Well organized with strong communication skills