Sample Cleaner Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Cleaner job summary
Our company is in search of a cleaner to help maintain the cleanliness and safety of our premises. The ideal candidate will have experience in cleaning to the highest standards and will be someone who is punctual, responsible and takes their job seriously. This job position is full-time and will require a minimum physical ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods as well as being able to bend, stoop, reach, and lift up to 25 pounds in weight. There is a requirement to be able to read and comprehend safety material along with facility documents.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Cleaner responsibilities
- Cleaning and replenishing restrooms
- Emptying trash and recycle bins
- Cleaning desks, tables, windows, and other surfaces as needed
- Vacuuming and mopping floors
- Cleaning and shining metal surfaces such as elevators
- Adhering to highest standards of health, safety and cleanliness
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Cleaner requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year experience in cleaning
- Reliable, punctual and responsible worker
- Requires bending, reaching and lifting a minimum of 25 lbs
- Ability to walk or stand for long hours
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary