Sample Clerk Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Clerk job summary
A local health clinic is searching for a detail oriented clerk to support the administrative team. This role involves data entry, answering telephones and directing calls, and answering patient inquiries as they arise. Strong multi-tasking skills are essential as you will be in an environment where priorities shift frequently. Because this role is also customer facing, prior experience in an administrative or customer service position is strongly preferred.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Clerk responsibilities
- Answer phones and direct calls to the appropriate party
- Enter patient data into computer system and file patient records properly
- Respond to patient inquiries in a courteous and helpful way
- Assist staff members by making copies, pulling files, and making phone calls when necessary
- Place supply and maintenance orders when necessary
- officer general administrative support when required
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Clerk requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent keyboarding skills, with 95% accuracy or higher
- High level communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Previous experience in a customer facing role is strongly preferred