Sample Client Services Specialist Job Description
A client services specialist job description template should be customized to match the specific skills and qualifications required by the employer. A client services specialist is responsible for assisting clients in their day-to-day activities, providing a high level of customer service and maintaining professionalism in all interactions. This job is primarily a sales position and the individual is expected to be knowledgeable about the company’s products and services, as well as the competitors in the industry. Customize this client services specialist job description template to match your specific requirements.
We are a growing company that is looking for an experienced client services specialist to join our team. Our client services specialists work with clients in the healthcare industry. They provide exceptional customer service through their own personal computers as well as by phone or email. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented, possess excellent communication skills and can handle multiple projects at once. This position requires some travel within the U.S. (up to 25% of time).
The client services specialist is responsible for assisting clients with their needs and providing support to the client. This includes managing all aspects of customer service, such as scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, responding to emails and making requests. It is important that the individual in this position can maintain accurate information about customers by conducting thorough research on each client, then creating a customized plan for exceeding expectations. They must also assume responsibility for communicating effectively with both internal and external contacts regarding issues related to our clients’ business operations.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide customer service to clients by identifying and responding appropriately to their needs, providing information on the status of client requests, answering questions about services or products and communicating with them in a timely manner.
- Provide support for all aspects of our business including: managing accounts payable, billing, account management, financial reporting, etc.
- Maintain accurate records as well as tracking transactions within an organization (eg bank reconciliation).
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a client services specialist with an emphasis on client service and/or customer relationship management
- Experience working directly with clients to develop business plans for customers
- Ability to work independently while maintaining confidentiality and maintain effective relationships with all levels within the organization
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong problem solving abilities
- Must be detail-oriented at all times
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills through good time management and teamwork
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company matching programs
- Life insurance
- Retirement saving plans