Sample Clinic Coordinator Job Description
Writing a job description for your open position can be a daunting task. It is important to describe in detail the activities, skills and qualifications required for the position. Use the following clinic coordinator sample as a guide for creating an effective job description for your hiring needs.
We are a growing, innovative healthcare company that is looking for an experienced clinic coordinator to join our team. The clinic coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of all clinical activities and ensure compliance with state/federal regulations in order to provide quality patient care while maintaining high standards of service. This position requires excellent communication skills as well strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently or collaboratively within varying environments. Must have experience working at a health center setting.
The clinic coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all clinic activities, including but not limited to coordinating and maintaining patient records and providing support in case management. This position will be responsible for managing clinical staffing needs as well as supporting other departments within the organization by performing various duties related to patient care planning, scheduling, billing and more. The person in this position must also assist physicians/clinicians in their daily operations while working closely with medical staff members at each location. Must provide administrative support during emergency situations such that they are available when needed or requested.
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide direct patient care and coordination of all clinical activities.
- Coordinate the delivery of services to patients, including coordinating with other departments in order for them to meet goals.
- Assure that each individual is being treated appropriately as part-time employees within their assigned area, ensuring timely completion of any necessary paperwork required by law.
- Maintain accurate records in medical records.
- Maintain current knowledge about health insurance coverage policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative duties.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience as clerical assistant or clinical coordinator preferred, but not required
- Minimum 3 years working with patients and/or families within the healthcare industry is desirable (eg: medical billing)
- Must be proficient at Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining confidentiality for patient information
- Strong organizational skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills through effective teamwork and collaboration among colleagues
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts with company matches
- Short-term disability insurance