Sample Clinic Manager Job Description
The clinic manager job description template provides an illustration for how to write a job posting for this kind of position. This job description template includes details about the job duties, experience requirements and available employee benefits.
We are a leading provider of healthcare services to the community. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable and high-quality care for our patients in an environment that supports their health and well-being. As a leader in the healthcare industry, we have been recognized as one of America's top employers by Fortune Magazine, among others. At EMC Health Care, we believe everyone deserves access to excellent medical care.
The clinic manager is responsible for the overall management of the clinic and its services. This position will be responsible to ensure that all patients receive quality care, which includes providing excellent patient care in accordance with established policies and procedures; managing staffing levels within the clinic; scheduling appointments, billing, etc. Will also maintain accurate records and maintain appropriate documentation. The person in this position will also be responsible for ensuring that operations are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to health care delivery.
Detailed job duties include:
- Manage the clinic and its staff.
- Provide leadership to a team of clinicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, nurses and technicians.
- Ensure that each patient is treated with respect and dignity.
- Maintain an environment conducive to professional growth by providing excellent customer service through effective communication between patients, physicians, providers and other departments.
- Develop relationships with clients, family members, vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a clinical manager with an emphasis on clinical management and/or administrative support within the healthcare industry
- Master's degree preferred but not required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Experience working for specialized medical practices (eg: pediatrics)
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company match for qualified employees
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Retirement program
- Flexible spending account (FSA)