Sample Clinical Psychologist Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Clinical Psychologist job summary
An established healthcare company is seeking a clinical psychologist to provide support for patients. This role involves working to diagnose and treat psychological and behavioral problems of patients. You will be required to perform tests, develop treatment plans, and work with patients and their caregivers to ensure the plan is implemented. Organizational skills are essential for this role as you will be juggling a diverse caseload. The ideal candidate possesses a minimum of 1 year of previous clinical experience and has a Doctorate degree in Psychology.
Clinical Psychologist responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Clinical Psychologist responsibilities
- Perform psychometric tests and assessments to identify psychological and behavioral problems of patients
- Recommend treatment plans and techniques to help patients overcome issues
- Keep detailed records of therapy sessions and treatment history in order to track a patient’s progress
- officer training and consultation to caregivers and other professionals who work with the patient to help them work together productively
- Conduct psychological research studies and publish reports and findings in Psychology journals
- May be required to appear in court to officer insight and reports on patient’s competencies and behavior issues
Clinical Psychologist requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Clinical Psychologist requirements
- Doctorate degree in Psychology
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing psychotherapy
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a team and ability to provide insight and guidance to other team members
- Understanding of state regulations and best practices within the psychology field
- Valid state-issued license to practice clinical psychology