Sample Clinical Research Coordinator Job Description
Clinical research coordinators are responsible for administering and analyzing clinical research studies. A clinical research coordinator job description should highlight the specific activities and responsibilities for which this position is accountable.
We are a leading provider of clinical research services to the healthcare industry. Our mission is to provide quality, cost-effective solutions for our clients by providing innovative products that help them achieve their goals. As a leader in the field, we have been working with some of the most respected companies in healthcare. The company has over 50 years experience in developing new products or services through its network of more than 100 offices across the United States.
The clinical research coordinator is responsible for the coordination of research studies, including managing all aspects of clinical trials. The person in this position will be responsible to coordinate with other departments in order to ensure that data collection requirements are met by each study team member. In addition, the professional in this role may also assist with conducting randomizations on subjects as needed. Must possess strong organizational skills; the ability to work well under pressure without direct supervision is required.
Detailed job duties include:
- Coordinate the execution of research studies, including coordinating with other departments to ensure that all data is accurate.
- Analyze results for accuracy and completeness.
- Develop appropriate reports on findings as needed or requested by management.
- Conduct clinical trials using established protocols (i.e: PALS/PhD).
- Provide technical support during study design phases.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external stakeholders.
- Review manuscripts and prepare correspondence regarding progress towards publication.
- Coordinate meetings between investigators and researchers.
- Work closely with internal colleagues to provide feedback about project status.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years clinical research experience, including 3+ years as a Clinical Research Coordinator with an emphasis on the development and implementation of new protocols for studies that are not currently approved by the FDA (or other regulatory agencies)
- Experience working at one of these sites is preferred but not required; prior experience managing multiple projects simultaneously will be considered to meet this requirement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase plan with company match for qualified employees
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Health savings account
- Retirement plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay