Sample Cloud Engineer Job Description
As an employer, writing a clear job description that expresses what you are looking for is key to attracting qualified applicants The following cloud engineer job description sample can be used and modified to fit your hiring needs. This sample should help you get started on writing a good job description and hiring the right candidate for the job.
We are a global technology company that provides innovative solutions to the world's most complex problems. Our core business is to provide our customers with an easy, secure and affordable way of accessing data in a fast-paced environment. The cloud engineer will be responsible for providing technical support on all aspects related to cloud computing services, including, hardware, software, network, storage, networking, security and application development. This role requires experience working with enterprise applications such as Azure, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud platforms (eg, Amazon Web Services).
Cloud engineers are responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of cloud infrastructure solutions. They will be responsible to design, develop, test, deploy, troubleshoot, support and maintain a wide range or large-scale deployment of enterprise applications in Azure. The cloud engineer is expected to have experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) as well as other software platforms, such as Aspherical and JIRA.
Detailed job duties include:
- Manage the development of cloud infrastructure and services for a large enterprise.
- Work with customers to define, design, implement, test, deploy, troubleshoot and support all aspects related to cloud platforms.
- Provide technical expertise in managing multiple projects simultaneously across multiple platforms (eg: Microsoft Azure).
- Support the deployment of new technologies on top of existing systems, such as application migrations, integrations, etc.
- Assist with implementation of new features that will impact our business objectives while maintaining an agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field
- 5+ years of experience with cloud computing and/or data center infrastructure development (cloud services)
- Experience with deploying large scale enterprise-scale applications using Azure Cloud Platform (SaaS), including the use case for SaaS platforms
- Strong understanding of how to design and build high availability solutions that support multiple business units
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work independently on complex projects while maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to understand technical terminology used by IT leadership
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Company paid life insurance
- Short term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employer assistance program