Sample CNC Machinist Job Description
A CNC machinist job description provides potential applicants with the primary skills and qualifications required for a listed position. It should provide them with a description of the type of work that will be performed, pay rates, available employee benefits and information on the culture of the company. An effective CNC machinist job description will provide interested applicants with enough information to understand if they are interested and qualified for the listing. Customize this CNC machinist job description template to meet the specific needs of your company’s listing.
We are a leading manufacturer of precision and high-quality CNC machined parts. Our products are used for cutting, milling, grinding, machining, welding and other manufacturing processes for the aerospace industry. The company is one of the largest suppliers of precision tools to the aerospace industry. For over 50 years in business, we have been providing our customers with quality solutions that meet their needs while offering an excellent service experience.
The CNC machinist is responsible for the production of precision machining and assembly equipment. This position requires an individual with experience in machine shop operations, as well as knowledge of all aspects related to manufacturing processes such as assemblies/motorships, assembly procedures, etc. Must be capable of working independently or with team members while maintaining high quality standards.
Detailed job duties include:
- Perform all aspects of CNC machine operation, including cutting and finishing parts.
- Ensure that the machines are in good working order; ensure proper tooling is used with precision tools such as saws, mills, etc.
- Maintain accurate records for quality control checks on equipment (eg, safety inspection).
- Must be proficient in the use of CNC machines
- Minimum 2 years of experience with CNC machined parts and/or manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and training (either directly or through an accredited program)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Competitive pay