Sample CNC Operator Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example CNC Operator job summary
Manufacturing company has immediate need for a detail oriented CNC Operator. This is an entry level position that involves the use of computer numerically controlled machinery. You will be tasked with reading work orders, interpreting blueprints and setting the machines accordingly. You should have exceptional attention to detail to ensure that finished products meet blueprint specifications. You will also be expected to troubleshoot problems and perform preventative maintenance on equipment. Our ideal candidate has previous experience in manufacturing or a strong interest in the field.
CNC Operator responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example CNC Operator responsibilities
- Read blueprints and set machines to correspond with the plans
- Prepare materials and load them into the machine properly
- Run test batches and ensure finished products are of the correct size and measurements using precision measuring tools
- Monitor equipment and perform preventative maintenance on machines to ensure they are in good working order
- Ensure that work orders are completed efficiently and accurately
- Keep work area clean and tidy and follow safety guidelines
CNC Operator requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example CNC Operator requirements
- High School diploma required
- Prior experience as a CNC operator preferred
- Capable of spending 8 or more hours per day on foot
- Close attention to detail and the ability to carefully follow instructions
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds repeatedly each day