Sample CNC Programmer Job Description
As an employer, writing a clear job description is the first step to filling a position with a qualified professional. The following CNC programmer job description sample can be used and modified to fit your hiring needs. This sample should help you get started on writing a good job description and hiring the right candidate for the job.
We are a leading provider of CNC programming services to the automotive industry. Our team is dedicated to providing our customers with service that exceeds their expectations. As a company, we sell quality products at competitive prices while maintaining high standards for quality in all aspects of manufacturing. The goal is to always deliver world-class products through innovation, creativity,and excellence.
The CNC programmer will be responsible for programming and reprogramming. This position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and the ability to maintain quality control standards with accuracy and precision at all times. Must have experience working on multiple projects simultaneously as well as being proficient using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
Detailed job duties include:
- Provide CNC programming and support for all types of machined parts.
- Work with the manufacturing team to develop new programs, improve existing programs or add new ones as needed.
- Assess customer requirements by performing detailed calculations on various machines to ensure they are compatible with production specifications.
- Must be proficient in the use of CNC programming software
- Ability to use software to program various types of machines including milling machines, machining centers, laser cutters, etc.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects at once
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills required
- Ability to work under pressure or shift work/shift assignments
- Flexibility when dealing directly with customers
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts