Sample Collection Representative Job Description
A collection representative job description should provide potential applicants with the primary skills and responsibilities required for a listed position. It should provide them with a description of the type of work that will be performed, pay expectations, available benefits and information about the company. Customize this collection representative job description template to meet the specific needs of your company’s listing.
We are a growing company that has been in business for over 30 years. Our mission is to provide the best customer service possible by maintaining an unwavering focus on quality. As a collection representative, you will be responsible for getting all collections from customers and other departments within the organization. You must have excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers, strong organizational skills (written and verbal), good time management abilities and ability to work independently.
The collection representative is responsible for collecting and resolving collections issues. The person in this position will be responsible to collect, organize and maintain records in the collection area of the facility. In addition, this person must have excellent communication skills with all levels within the organization as well as ability to work independently or on an assigned team. Must have the ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Also required to exhibit excellent customer service skills, including listening attentively when dealing with customers at all times.
Detailed job duties include:
- Collect and maintain all collections materials.
- Review, organize and process collection documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Identify items in the database to find issues or problems that may be encountered by customers.
- Analyze data from various sources including records of transactions, invoices, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn new skills, as well provide excellent customer service with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to work independently or under pressure
- Must have strong organizational skills including attention-taking, problem solving, organization, time management, teamwork and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while performing duties at all times
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Health saving account (HSA)