Sample Collections Specialist Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Collections Specialist job summary
Finance company seeks a Collections Specialist with exceptional communication skills. The Collections Specialist will be tasked with providing customer service, negotiating with clients, and finding payment solutions that will fit their needs and that of the company. Strong organizational skills are required in order to ensure that each client is followed up with systematically. Our ideal candidate has previous experience in a telecommunication role. Prior experience in collections is an asset, but not required.
Collections Specialist responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Collections Specialist responsibilities
- Contact clients to collect outstanding debts while maintaining a positive relationship with the customer
- Work with clients to find solutions for their outstanding debts
- Follow-up regularly with clients in an attempt to resolve outstanding debts
- Always provide excellent customer service when interacting with clients
- Draft and send written correspondence regarding account standing to clients with outstanding debts
- Approve partial payments or extensions for clients with extenuating circumstances
Collections Specialist requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Collections Specialist requirements
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role, ideally within a corporate setting
- Superior communication and problem solving skills and a high level of patience
- Prior experience in a telecommunications environment strongly preferred
- Ability to think analytical, exercise creativity, and make executive decisions
- Strong computer and telephone skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is an asset