Sample Commercial Manager Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Commercial Manager job summary
With a corporate vision focused on long-term growth, our growing company is in need of a commercial manager to oversee the revenue and expenses of the company. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating financial return reports as well as managing internal company policies, rules and practices to help determine the necessary steps to be taken by the company when conducting commercial agreements. There is a requirement of high level interpersonal skills to aid in the building of successful relationships along with the ability to strategically analyze data and the industrial market.
Commercial Manager responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Commercial Manager responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Creating new contracts and updating existing ones
- Analyze data and develop action plans for business growth
- Ensuring staff, suppliers, contractors and carriers provide timely results
- Procuring data and materials necessary for projects
- Developing price structures and risk assessments relating to commercial efforts
Commercial Manager requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Commercial Manager requirements
- Must have a bachelor's degree with commerce or business preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working as a commercial manager
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Excellent customer services at the highest level
- Customer focus with strong social skills
- Team player who is proactive