Sample Communication Specialist Job Description
The communication specialist job description template provides employers with a detailed guideline to write out the primary responsibilities and qualifications required for a listed position. This job description should provide applicants with enough information to decide if they are interested and qualified for the position. Customize this communication specialist job description template to meet the specific needs of your company’s listing.
We are a leading provider of communications services to the public and private sector. Our mission is to provide our clients with an exceptional experience that exceeds their expectations by providing them with high-quality, cost effective solutions. The communications specialist will be responsible for communicating effectively across multiple channels including email, phone calls, social media and video. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills as well strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently or collaboratively while maintaining confidentiality.
The communication specialist is responsible for overseeing the communications program. This includes communicating with clients, employees and other departments to ensure that their needs are met. May also be required to provide support in areas such as marketing, customer service and training. The communications specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships between internal and external customers through direct contact, emails and phone calls. In addition, this position may also provide technical assistance on issues related or specific to business operations including but not limited to client relations, project management, scheduling meetings and conducting field trips.
Detailed job duties include:
- Communicate with the public in a professional manner.
- Provide information and support to internal and external customers, including but not limited to all levels of management.
- Develop communication plans for marketing communications, media relations and social media.
- Communicate effectively with other departments or agencies through written correspondence, phone calls, emails and/or presentations.
- Assist in developing new client relationships via telephone, email and web-based tools.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a communications specialist
- Must be proficient at Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently while maintaining confidentiality
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) 401(k)
- Life insurance
- Retirement saving plans