Sample Communications Officer Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Communications Officer job summary
With an increased focus on digital communication, our company are excited to announce a new position for a highly experienced Communications Officer to join our team. The ideal candidate will help shape our company and reposition us to revitalize our brand and image. As a Communications Officer, you will be responsible for managing all communications marketing strategies across all company channels such as newsletters, web content, media, etc. Other tasks include general reporting and management of stakeholders, supporting company projects and programs and liaising with relevant personnel.
Communications Officer responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Communications Officer responsibilities
- Working closely with the communications team to develop and implement communications marketing strategies
- Aligning all marketing efforts with company events
- Supporting internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Researching, planning and creating content for all the company's channels
- Supporting the execution of company programs and projects
- Delivering tasks to high standards with minimal supervision
Communications Officer requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Communications Officer requirements
- Bachelor's degree in communications or journalism
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in basic digital media production and editing is desirable
- Confidence and proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Strong time management and organizational skills