Sample Communications Operator Job Description
In order to attract the right candidate for your communications operator job openings, it is important to create a detailed job description. Use this communications operator job description sample to help you write a detailed and effective job listing.
We are a family owned and operated company with over 50 years of experience in the telecom industry. Our mission is to provide our customers with exceptional service, while providing them with the best possible solutions for their needs. As a communications operator, you will be responsible for maintaining all communication equipment including telephones, radios, televisions, etc. You must have excellent customer service skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. This position requires some travel within the state.
The communications operator is responsible for the operation of a variety of communications equipment, including telephones, radios and other communication systems. The person in this position will be responsible for providing high quality customer service. Must possess good verbal and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
Detailed job duties include:
- Perform all duties related to the operation of telephone, radio and other communications equipment.
- Ensure that communication equipment is operating properly at all times in accordance with company standards.
- Maintain accurate records on calls received from customers or employees as required by state law.
- Ensure proper use of appropriate guidance for each caller's needs.
- Provide customer service through phone/internet and information about services provided via email, text message, etc.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently in both written and oral form
- Must have knowledge of telephone systems
- Ability to work independently as well on multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining confidentiality
- Knowledge of basic computer software such as Microsoft Office programs like Word and Excel
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Life insurance with a company match for full time employees
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Health saving account (HSA)