Sample Community Manager Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Community Manager job summary
Our popular clothing brand has an immediate opening for an experienced and passionate community manager to act as the digital face of our company. You will be tasked with working to build an engaged community that is excited about our products through the development and posting of social media and web content. This role requires management of multiple different digital mediums, so strong organizational and time management skills are essential. You will work closely with our content and marketing teams and are encourage to pitch your own ideas to support company goals. A bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field is strongly preferred.
Community Manager responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Community Manager responsibilities
- Developing and executing social media campaigns to support business goals
- Publish engaging content on social channels to build rapport with audience members
- Build relationships with audience members to help keep brand top of mind
- Track analytics to understand which types of content or campaigns resonate best with audience members
- Provide professional and engaging responses to audience questions and comments
- Work with content or marketing team to officer suggestions and content ideas
Community Manager requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Community Manager requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English or related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms and online marketing
- Superior writing and communication skills
- A portfolio of successful online marketing campaigns is an asset
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and superb time management abilities
- Committed to providing a positive customer experience