Sample Computer Technician Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Computer Technician job summary
IT department is seeking an experienced computer technician to join our team. You will work with our customers and fellow employees to troubleshoot and resolve technological problems of varying complexity. You will also be responsible for performing routine maintenance on systems and hardware to ensure everything is in good working order. The ideal candidate possesses exceptional problem solving and analytical thinking skills and can provide an exceptional customer experience. You should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or an equivalent amount of work experience.
Computer Technician responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Computer Technician responsibilities
- officer technical support to staff members and customers over the phone, email or chat
- Ensure all computers, systems, and technology (printers, scanners, etc) are in good working order and perform maintenance when necessary
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Follow up with customers on the status of their support requests
- Host technology workshops and training to educate users on system features, functions, and updates
- Escalate advanced problems to the appropriate team members for resolution
Computer Technician requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Computer Technician requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science strongly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Background in IT support or comprehensive knowledge of computer systems
- Superior multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technological problems in plain language
- High level analytical thinking and problem solving skills