Sample Concierge Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Concierge job summary
A popular hotel is looking for a talented concierge to provide an exceptional guest experience to our visitors. You will be tasked with responding to guest inquiries professionally and thoroughly over a variety of communication channels. Our ideal candidate is a great communicator and is highly resourceful. You should have previous experience in a customer service role, ideally within the hospitality industry. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is comfortable thinking on their feet in a busy environment and is passionate about building a career in the hospitality industry.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Concierge responsibilities
- Greeting guests each time they enter the hotel
- Answering customer questions and concerns and providing detailed recommendations based on their interests
- Anticipating the needs of guests and wowing them with exceptional customer service
- Become an expert on everything to do with the hotel property and the surrounding areas in order to provide comprehensive answers to customer inquiries
- Respond to customer requests professionally over the phone, email, and in person
- Work with guests to find solutions to their complaints
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Concierge requirements
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to make every guest feel valued
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry is preferred but not required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Must be resourceful and able to find solutions to customer problems even when the answer is not clear