Sample Construction Estimator Job Description
Every business has specific needs for its employees. This construction estimator job description sample provides you with a brief overview of the responsibilities and qualifications required for someone in this position. Customize this template and then showcase it internally or externally.
We are a leading construction management firm with over 25 years of experience in the field. Our clients include major corporations, government agencies and private companies. The company is committed to providing quality services that meet our customers’ needs while maintaining an unwavering focus on excellence. All team members are responsible for building new relationships and a construction estimator is responsible for managing projects from concept through completion, developing effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, conducting cost analysis for project scopes and budgeting, and performing site visits as needed.
The construction estimator will be responsible for providing construction estimates to contractors, subcontractors and other parties. This position is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with an office location close by. Candidates must have experience working on large projects or project teams as well as strong communication skills (verbal/written). Must possess excellent organizational skills. Candidates should also demonstrate good customer service skills through their work ethic, attention to detail, teamwork and interpersonal relationships.
Detailed job duties include:
- Prepare and submit construction estimates to contractors.
- Identify, analyze and interpret cost issues in order for the contractor or project team to make accurate budgetary decisions.
- Ensure that all work is completed within budgeted timeframes as well as meet quality standards of service.
- Obtain quotes from vendors/clients, prioritizing projects with appropriate personnel.
- Provide information regarding job requirements, scope of work, labor rates, etc.
- Maintain records related only to estimate submission; provide detailed pricing when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction management
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a construction estimator, with an emphasis on building and/or renovation projects
- Must be proficient at Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, through presentations
- Strong analytical skills are essential
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations & holiday pay
- Health saving account (HSA)
- Retirement plan with company match for full time employees
- Employee assistance program (EAP)