Sample Consultant Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Consultant job summary
Growing consultancy firm seeks a forward-thinking business consultant to advise clients on business related matters. You will work with clients to analyze their current strategies and processes and help them boost efficiency and facilitate growth. Our ideal candidate is a strong collaborator, is highly creative and has a history of success in business consulting. You will be overseeing business processes of varying complexity so strong organizational skills are essential. Ideally you possess a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Consultant responsibilities
- Analyze existing business processes and identify areas for improvement
- Find creative solutions to business problems or bottlenecks
- Collaborate with executives to develop business systems and strategies
- Oversee the implementation of new systems and strategies throughout the organization
- Spearhead specific company projects as needed
- Provide support and advice to management and team leaders on an ongoing basis
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Consultant requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in business consultancy roles
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a strong collaborator
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution abilities
- Exceptional analytical thinking skills
- A proven history of designing successful business strategies