Sample Content Manager Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Content Manager job summary
An established pet food company is seeking a full-time content manager to oversee the day to day production of marketing content for our organization. You will be tasked will developing a digital content strategy for all mediums and overseeing its execution. Excellent time management and organizational skills are needed to ensure content is produced and published according to schedule. Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent writing skills, and experience working as a content creator or content manager. A bachelor’s degree in marketing or journalism is an asset but not required.
Content Manager responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Content Manager responsibilities
- Work to create a content strategy for the organization that includes web and social media content
- Assist with the creation of content that serves company goals
- Edit and proofread content to prepare it for publication
- Provide detailed feedback to writers to ensure all content produced is of excellent quality
- Track web and social media traffic and analytics to understand which content is performing well or poorly
- Revise content strategy as needed in order to make sure company goals are being met
Content Manager requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Content Manager requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a content creator or manager
- A strong sense of what makes good content and what has potential to go viral
- Understanding of SEO best practices and how to use various social media channels
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Superior time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines