Sample Content Writer Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Content Writer job summary
Following our recent internal changes, our company is in need of a highly skilled and experienced Content Writer to work closely with our Communications, Digital, and Brand marketing teams. This role will require the individual to take responsibility for the development of all company content across all channels both digital and print. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in writing compelling content as well as being impeccable in communicating and negotiating. It is also essential that the candidate is able to translate industry terminology adapting it to suit various audiences.
Content Writer responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Content Writer responsibilities
- Producing content for the company across all channels
- Communicating and liaising closely with the marketing teams in producing appropriate content
- Presenting marketing ideas and concepts to relevant team members
- Drafting material suitable for the intended audience
- Managing company social media and email marketing content
- Reviewing, editing and amending content as necessary
Content Writer requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Content Writer requirements
- Must have a Bachelor's degree with journalism preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the field
- Excellent written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Confident and personable character to build successful relationships
- Enthusiasm to learn quickly in a fast paced environment