Sample Contract Manager Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Contract Manager job summary
Our established company is seeking an experience contract manager to oversee the development, drafting and management of contracts on behalf of the organization. Our ideal candidate is an experienced negotiator, an excellent communicator and is comfortable working independently. You will need exceptional attention to detail and superior organizational skills in order to thrive in this fast paced environment. A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field is required.
Contract Manager responsibilities
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Contract Manager responsibilities
- Create contracts, non-disclosure agreements, licensing terms and other types of contracts
- Negotiate contract terms with service providers
- Review each contract carefully to ensure the company’s best interests are represented within the terms
- Act as point person for participants in the contract and answer questions as needed
- Collaborate with legal, sales and other teams as necessary to ensure that any challenges are properly addressed
- Ensure that the final contract is delivered to and signed by all of the appropriate people
Contract Manager requirements
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Contract Manager requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting
- Previous experience negotiating contracts or legal documents preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical thinking skills
- Proven experience as a negotiator
- Previous experience in project management roles preferred