Sample Cook Job Description
A job description helps potential applicants identify relevant positions that would be a good fit for their skill set. Use this template to get started.
Looking for a job? Search jobs.
Example job summary
A successful job summary will provide applicants with a strong introduction to your company and the role. Use positive and active language that sums up the advertised role and your company. Include an exact location, or mention if the location is remote.
Example Cook job summary
Our popular local restaurant is expanding and is in need of a highly skilled cook to help out in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will be experienced in working and collaborating with kitchen staff members to create meals in line with assigned recipes and menus. Flexibility to customize orders to suit dietary requirements is a must. Health and safety standards are paramount when working with us and must be adhered to at all times. To be considered for this role, you must be available on Saturdays and Sundays.
This section should convey the most important duties for the role. Highlight any responsibilities that may be unique to the role or particularly interesting for potential applicants. It’s also beneficial to describe how the role fits into the larger organization.
Example Cook responsibilities
- Working and collaborating with team members
- Meeting basic and customized dietary requirements
- Following recipes and menus
- Operating the stove, oven, microwave, steamer and other kitchen equipment
- Cleaning kitchen equipment and facilities
- Operating the dishwasher
This section should list the essential qualities of an ideal candidate. Include previous work experience, education or achievements that would be beneficial. And list any preferred hard and soft skills.
Example Cook requirements
- Minimum of at least 3 years of experience as a Cook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to commit to a variable work roster with an availability to work on Saturdays and Sundays
- Thorough knowledge of measurements, food preparation standards and various cooking techniques
- Courteous mannerism with a customer focus
- A team player